Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Camping. And Camp. And Sleeping Away.

I've started to think about camping. 

And started to research sleepaway camps.

Some of my best childhood memories were those that I spent at Three Springs Farm in Pennsylvania.  I had such a great time hanging out with friends, running around on warm summer nights, riding horses, playing 'Murder' in the farmhouse, playing games in the converted barn, and swimming.  Every child should experience at least one week at sleep-away camp.  The memories are so worth it.  Bonus: Mom and Dad get a week to connect, sleep in late, and just BE together.

I found a sleep-away camp that is only an hour away.  I showed the kids, and they are STOKED!  Right?  I was thinking there might be some thoughts of missing us (they assured us they would) and being homesick (they looked at me like I'd lost my marbles) but it seems they're ok with the thought of it - for now.

Turns out that the place where Chris works sponsors a clean-up day at this camp!  So we're most likely going to volunteer to go assist in cleanup.  I want the kids to be involved in some community service anyway, and this will give us a chance to show the kids where they will be.  It will also let them see that we are only an hour away.

We're all very excited about this opportunity for them.  Now all that's left is to pick a week, register them, and count down the days!  I'm so excited for them.  I just know they're going to make memories that last a lifetime!

No comments: