Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Summer Lovin!

I know, I know, we just left Spring Break and I'm already focused on making summer plans!!!!  YAY!

Two things we have set in stone: A vacation to Puerto Vallarta in July; and the kids are going away for a week at Memaw and Papaw Camp in Arizona!  Today Jordan told us that she was invited to go to Indiana with one of her BFF's for a week this summer so we're going to try and make that happen.  What a great opportunity.

In addition, I want to get back to New Jersey for a week so I can show the kids where mama grew up, point out the guidos and explain to them that if they bring home a 'Snooki' or a 'Situation', there will be the mother of ALL situations at our house.

I also want to take them to the City.

I'm headed to NYC next month for my cousin Michael's wedding.  It's only for a quick weekend, and Chris and the kids aren't going, so I want to go back when the kids are out of school to take them.  Jordan was born in February 2001 and Wyatt in October 2003, so for all intents and purposes, they've always lived in a world without the Twin Towers.  I would love to take them to Ground Zero, get them a Sabrett hot dog, and ride them around on the subway.  Additionally, I want to take them to FAO Schwarz and watch their heads explode.

We're also going to try and get to St. Louis to see the family again.  We all love going there, and we've been twice now, and the kids LOVE that side of the family.

However, that's not the whole entire summer.  So today, I came up with an idea, after perusing some websites.  I told the kids today that they have three goals for the summer:

1. Learn something new.  This can be a new skill, a new language, or whatever.
2. Read a great book.  I'm not really worried about Jordan, she's my voracious reader, but I did tell Wyatt he has to get a book that has no pictures, and he has to read the whole thing.  I know this will require a trip to the bookstore as opposed to the library.
3. Complete a project.  This will involve them creating, designing, and completing a project of their choosing.  

I'm pretty excited about the summer, and the possibilities it holds!  School's out on June 14th!  We're leaving on a surprise trip for the kids on the 15th!  Can't wait!

2 comments:

~becky said...

Love it! I need to set some summer goals myself.

I have an October 2003 baby, too!

tammy said...

Good grief, you live an awesome life of vacations!
We are hoping to be going to Oregon next month, maybe even twice. . .i know, dont be jealous ;)
We find out april 30 if we get our girl!

Love your summer goals, great idea!