Sunday, February 27, 2005

Girlfriends

I love my husband. I really do. He is the force that keeps me centered, grounded, and focused. He supports me in all that I do, even when I have lost my mind. He is my best friend, the one I can tell everything to. He understands my ups, my downs, my aggravations, and things that make me go hmmm. But he isn't a girl.

There is a special bond between girlfriends that scientists have yet to decipher. Girlfriends can get together once a day, once a week, once a month, or even once a year, and pick up like they never were apart. Girlfriends will listen to you cry, listen to you bitch, and listen to you. Really listen to you. They understand the emotional ups and downs of monthly hormonal changes. They understand if you want to cry because the Hertz commercial was endearing. They understand the sanctity of Girls Night Out, and they understand when the damn dry cleaner shrinks your favorite pants once a month.

Since moving to San Diego, I haven't had a lot of girlfriend time. And as the saying goes, you don't know what you got til it's gone. So I had the fortunate opportunity to get together with some girlfriends this Sunday and laugh, and love, and have a good time. It is amazing the things that laughter does for your health. Don't believe me? Read THIS.

So I did a good thing for myself today. I had lunch with some girlfriends, and Wednesday I'll have dinner with another.

When is the last time you laughed?

1 comment:

Spunky said...

amen girlfriend...and I tell you what, I can't wait to meet up with you again!~