Monday, November 07, 2011

Outdoor Ed

Today my baby girl left for Outdoor Ed along with 90 or so of her classmates!  She is headed to the mountains for four days of learning about the environment, ecosystems, organisms, and the way life around her works.  It's a great program, and I'm so excited for her, I can't wait to hear all about her experience.

Fall has made it's way to Northern California.  The temps have been milder, chilly at night.  The leaves are a beautiful red and yellow shade.  People are bundled up more.  The sun still shines most of the time, however, and that makes it quite bearable.  Even when it rained the other day, it was still a beautiful day.

I'm learning my way around the peninsula.  I've ventured further and further out, but there have been several days when I don't leave.  There's no reason to!  Foster City has the nickname of 'Wisteria Lane' for a reason.  Everything is close, convenient, and safe.  The longer I'm here, the more I like it!

Thanksgiving is approaching and I am so excited!!  We're going to have a full house, and I can't wait!

The kids and I are going to make a countdown chain for our trip to Cabo in...33 days!  We're all so excited and if there's anything we need, it's a vacation!!  We're really excited to see some friends that are joining us as well.  It should be a fantastic time.

No comments: