Monday, September 24, 2012

10 Years, Fall, and Other Random Thoughts...

Friday we celebrated our tenth anniversary!  My husband took the day off, we did some shopping, had lunch, and in the evening went to a fabulous meal at Gordon Ramsay Steak in the Paris Hotel here, and then headed over to the Wynn for Le Reve - a Cirque du Soleil-esque show done entirely on/in/around a pool.

It's hard to believe that we've made it to ten years already - and I don't say that because it's been SO difficult.  That's not to say we haven't had our difficulties, because we have.  But it seems like it was just yesterday that we were planning our wedding.  Crazy how time just slips away.

Saturday was the first day of Fall and in true Las Vegas fashion, it was hot.  Jordan had softball practice and we decided to stay to do some shopping in the area afterwards.  By the end of the practice, I was pretty warm.  It was humid, so that didn't help.

I'm currently studying to take my test for my Nevada RE license.  So far so good.  I've got a lot of this knowledge locked up in the back of my head, and it's been making its way slowly forward and reminding me that I could probably just skim through it and take the test and be done with it.

Chris and I are headed to Rock Vegas at Mandalay Bay this weekend.  It's a two-day festival with various rock bands headlining.  I'm most excited to see POD, Staind, Godsmack, Adelita's Way, and Buckcherry.  Chris is super excited!  Friday we're heading over around 4, POD goes on at 5.  The concert actually starts at 1 with some lesser-known local bands.  Saturday will be busy with a cub scout event for Wyatt from 9-11, then Jordan's softball practice from 12:15-2, and then the concert which starts at 1:30 with some lesser-known bands, but we're heading over around 4.

Sunday we're going to try out a new church near us, so wish us luck on that one!!!

And now I think I'm going to go take a nap.  My right eye has been twitching all day and I'm ready to tear it off my face and throw it in the pool!

No comments: