Sunday, December 11, 2005

Another Year Come and Gone

So I have made the round of my life cycle for another year, and here I find myself back at the starting point that is my birthday.

I am getting ready to complete my 34th year on earth, and begin the journey of my 35th. I look back on the last year of my life and realize SO much has happened. I started this year with a great job, a wonderful group of friends, and a general sense of peace and well-being in my universe. I have experienced profound joy, happiness, sadness, tragedy and sorrow. I saw devastation, wedding bliss, death of a loved one and making a cross-country move.

And through all of this, I have become a stronger, more secure and independant person. My marriage has become more comfortable, and I am blessed to have such a wonderful man with whom to spend my life.

My son is becoming a more thoughtful and sensitive individual, and I like to think that it is because of a joint effort from all of his parents.

In all fairness, my life is not always sunshine and roses. There are days when I am so disjointed I want to cry. But those days are not outnumbered by the days in which I wake up every morning and thank God that I am alive, and healthy, and that I have the best group of friends and family in my life that anyone could or would ask for.

Thank you God, for another year.

No comments: