Friday, November 17, 2006

Last Stand at the OK Corral

Today was my last official day at work. It just completely snuck up on me. Three weeks ago I was looking at my last day and thinking it was so far off, and now Turkey Day is a mere 5 days away.

It was a bittersweet day today. I went to my last Staff Standup Meeting. I met with my boss and the new Corporate Sales Manager, and our other Manager to "pass the torch". I wrote ONE more contract today. I cleared out the office. My co-workers took me to lunch and then got me an ice cream cake. Then I made the rounds and started the semi-painful process of saying good bye.

There will be a lot I will miss about my time at the Hotel. There will be some things I will NOT miss. Overall, it was tough to leave, but a big relief all at the same time.

No comments: