Wednesday, November 08, 2006

They Took My Car...Again

So part of the whole relo package with the company is that they ship one car. Which is fine, because Chris and I are actually looking forward to driving across the country. Again. After all, the first time we did it, we may have just missed something. Though I doubt it.

Such was my story this morning. After another fitful night with no sleep (I just do NOT sleep well when my husband is not here), I woke at about three in the morning to the pounding of the rain on the roof. It always rains when we move. When we moved from Phoenix to San Diego, it POURED on the drive over. When we moved from San Diego to Connecticut, it POURED for eight straight days. And now we are getting ready to leave and it is POURING. I am seeing a pattern, though I am not quite sure yet what it means.

I had received a phone call from the auto shippers last night stating that my pickup would be between 9:00 and 12:00. Okie dokie. So here I sat, watching the rain, waiting for my car to be picked up. At around 11:20 (of course), I saw the mini carrier pull up. As I stood in the rain, waiting for him to finish the paperwork, so that I could get to work, it hit me.

We're moving.

I was at once anxious, and excited, and nervous. My palms started sweating and I felt dizzy. Should we really be leaving before the house is settled? I mean, it was ok when we lived in San Diego, because Phoenix was only an hour plane ride. Now we will be 5 hours away. And two time zones. It's all quite overwhelming.

I take a deep breath. It's only the start.

No comments: