Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Losing Myself

I am trying to lose weight. Trying being the operative word. I've changed my diet, I've started going to the gym on a regular basis (Ok, so the last three weeks don't count - see post below this one!), and I've not been so stressed.

With that being said, no one has informed my brain and my sweet tooth that I am drastically cutting my caloric intake of chocolate, sugar, and caramel. They are mad.

I've changed my caramel macchiatto (300 calories, 70g of fat, 43g carbs (I KNOW, RIGHT!) to a skinny caramel latte (160 calories, 0g of fat, 24g carbs). I've bought Jello Sugar Free Dulce de Leche pudding, I've stocked up on natural snacks like Pirate Booty and Sun Chips. I've even cut out my full sized chocolate candy bars for the fun size. I have to keep the brain and sweet tooth quiet somehow.

So what I have found is that the weight is coming off, slowly but surely. I only have about 20 pounds to go, which, when you say it out loud, doesn't really seem like a lot. Seeing as how I've only lost ten in six months, it seems a bit daunting to me.

But I can do it, I know I can. I put on a shirt that I haven't worn in a while this morning and it's loose! That excited me. The little things. The little victories.

Celebrate with me. Dance a little.

No comments: