Friday, June 20, 2008

Things That Made Me Smile This Week

In an effort to live a more positive and productive life, I am going to try and post once a week on things that made me smile that week.

Here we go:

1. When I was at the Outlets with my son this week, I was waiting outside the restrooms for him to come out. Standing there waiting for his wife to come out was an elderly gentleman. When his wife emerged from the bathroom, he lit up, grinning from ear to ear. She smiled sweetly back at him and he gently put his hand on her back, guiding her outside the restroom door. It was a very tender and touching moment, and I am glad I got to witness it.

2. I was getting my coffee this morning and I go to a Starbucks that is inside a grocery store. As I came out, there was a woman tying her dog up so she could run inside. She was loving on him so much, telling him what a good boy he was, and that she loved him and she would be right back. That made me smile.

3. My boss told me I was a genius. That made me smile.

4. My son is becoming a responsible, mature, caring individual. He displayed it in so many ways this week. That made me smile.

5. My husband took me to McMenamins for dinner on Thursday and we had a tough, but honest conversation. Believe it or not, it made me smile.

Look around you and be aware of the things that make you smile each day. They are more important than the things that make you frown.

No comments: