Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Matter of Faith

My faith was tested today - HARD. You see, I believe God has a purpose for each and every one of us on this earth. I believe He has a plan for me, although sometimes I am too stubborn to see it. There is very rarely anything that happens in my life or in the lives of those around me that I cannot see the good in.

Today was a different story.

I have an online friend who had twins last year. Two beautiful babies, Ethan and Emma. As is the case with most twins, the babies were preemie and Ethan was born with health complications. Long story short, he passed away in October. Ethan became an angel.

Sara moved on and stayed strong and became a wonderful mother to little Emma. Emma thrived and fought and was loved by all around her.

Emma passed away last night from complications due to an infection. Her little body just couldn't handle it.

Emma was seven months old.

I cried this morning. I cried like I haven't cried in a long time. I have been crying all day. I cry for Ethan, and for Emma, and for Sara. I cry for any mother who has lost their child. I cried trying to tell my husband.

My faith tells me that God does not give us more than we can handle. I watched Sara take Ethan's death and turn it into a positive, loving energy towards Emma. What I cannot see for the life of me, is how she will possibly deal with the hurt, the anger, the feeling of overwhelming sorrow that is probably one hundred times what I am feeling.

If you believe, please pray for Sara.

And hug your children tight tonight.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I *heart* you. Thank you for helping us through the grief.